As 2010 is nearing its end (in just 2 more weeks!) the new year can be a new page full of exciting new opportunities for many of us. Here are some thoughts a few friends of mine has been passing around for 2011:
1. Multiple Income Streams–Having just one income stream is DANGEROUS right now. If that’s you, then you must seriously consider working on building a second (and third) one as fast as humanly possible.
2. Think Negatively–I’m talking about this wise old adage: ”Hope for the best, expect the worst.” That may make some of the more “militant” positive thinking gurus weep and gnash their teeth. But it’s a great way to prepare yourself for life’s curve balls.
3. Stay Awake–Opportunities ABOUND right now. If you’re awake and sober, you’ll see them.
4. Don’t Depend On Politicians–Pinning your fate to a politician (or party) is a bad idea. It’s why so many people are broke.
5. Know Your History–Many smart folks got rich in the last depression. Find out what they did, and then rinse, lather and repeat. (Hint: They started a business!)
6. Sharpen Your Skills–Negotiation “guru” Jim Camp said it best: “The more effective we are, the more respected we are.” Good deals often chase people who excel at what they do, and not the other way around.
7. Learn To Sell–Selling is the world’s HIGHEST paid profession. Those good at it are always in demand.
What are some of your personal thoughts for 2011?